Am 15.12.2013 17:27, schrieb Steven Hartland:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefan Esser" <s...@freebsd.org>

No, I see a delay of some 3 to 5 seconds between start of the client
and password prompt and another delay of 3 to 10 seconds after password
entry and login prompt. There is no observable delay with a non-broken
kernel. It was not me who reported 30s+ delays for SSH logins.

And the delays exist even if connecting to the local SMTP port (e.g.
a telnet localhost 25 takes a few seconds to establish the connection).

(I had to disable VerifyHostKeyDNS in my SSH client, to prevent a 30s
delay on outgoing connections. But this is completely unrelated.)

Regards, STefan