Hello Everyone,

I need help resolving kernel panics on a Supermicro X10SLH-F motherboard in a Supermicro SC-825 chassis. I originally installed FreeBSD 9.2 Release/amd64 but kept having kernel panics after varying amounts of uptime and while running the following command against some or all of the SATA hard drives in the system:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ada/n/ bs=100m &

A sample vmcore file is here:

While canvassing the FreeBSD Forums I followed a suggestion to try 10.0 RC4/amd64. The machine still panicked under the same conditions at around 27 hours uptime. The vmcore file is here:

System memory has run Memtest for 62 hours and 47 passes without error and the chassis has dual 740W PSU's so I think I have memory and PSU possibilities eliminated.

Apologies if I've sent my plea to the wrong place. Tell me where to go and I'll bother someone else. Thanks, Dan.

The only person who always got his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.