Stupid bug report. I just updated my source tree today. Last update was 03
Jan 2014. Sometime between then and now was a commit that killed my mouse
in Xorg. My Xorg was configured to use hald/dbus (and I'll be testing
switching over to devd soon). I'm not sure which commit broke the mouse.
I've tested on two different systems with three different mice. Relevant
lines from Xorg.0.log:
[ 33.824] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/ums0"
[ 33.824] (==) USB Optical Mouse: Protocol: "Auto"
[ 33.824] (**) USB Optical Mouse: always reports core events
[ 33.824] (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/ums0
[ 33.824] (EE) USB Optical Mouse: cannot open input device
[ 33.824] (EE) PreInit returned 2 for "USB Optical Mouse"
[ 33.824] (II) UnloadModule: "mouse"
[ 33.824] (EE) config/hal: NewInputDeviceRequest failed (2)
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"