Hi

Java is probably not the first programming language which comes to mind, when working with FreeBSD. But still I sadly had to forgive to deploy OpenKM because it can't start LibreOffice as service due to the fact, that the author used hyperic-sigar for this functionality.

My question: Is anybody working on this problem, that instead of using utmp.h and diddling with the related files directly, one should rely on utmpx.h and its db manipulating functionality.

I could give it a try for FreeBSD9, but I'm mostly a noob, be it Java or Java extensions and also for ports.

Maybe some kindred soul could fill me in such, that this itch can be scratched.

Werner