On 08/02/14 22:50, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 24, 2013 12:20:59 PM Roger Pau Monne wrote:
>> Also disable a couple of ACPI devices that are not usable under Dom0.
>
> Hmm, setting debug.acpi.disabled in this way is a bit hacky.  It might
> be fine however if there's no way for the user to set it before booting
> the kernel (as opposed to haing the relevant drivers explicitly disable
> themselves under Xen which I think would be cleaner, but would also
> make your patch larger)

Thanks for the review, the user can pass parameters to FreeBSD when
booted as Dom0, I just find it uncomfortable to force the user into
always setting something on the command line in order to boot.

What do you mean with "haing the relevant drivers explicitly disable
themselves under Xen"? Adding a gate on every one of those devices like
"if (xen_pv_domain()) return (ENXIO);" in the identify/probe routine
seems even worse.

Roger.