On 22/02/2014 2:51 AM, Dewey Hylton wrote:
>> From: "Pietro Cerutti" <g...@freebsd.org>
>> To: freebsd-po...@freebsd.org, freebsd-sta...@freebsd.org,
>> freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
>>> 5.45 version. At the same time, I'm going to kill
>>> lang/expect-devel,
>>> which would otherwise be left lagging behind at 5.44.
>>> The following ports use either expect or -devel (maintainers CC'd).
>>> devel/pecl-expect
>>> net-mgmt/rancid
>>> net-mgmt/rancid-devel
>> Turns out my regexp-foo sucked this time.. Here's a more complete
>> list.
>> Thanks koobs@ for noticing.
>> devel/pecl-expect
>> misc/dejagnu
>> misc/sshbuddy
>> net/freenx
>> net-mgmt/netmagis-topo
>> et-mgmt/rancid
>> net-mgmt/rancid-devel
>> security/belier
> i'm no longer maintaining the freenx/nxserver ports. they are so outdated at
> this point they should probably be killed off as well, but i have no idea who
> might still be using them.

While the MAINTAINER line references your email, you do, even if not for
version updates.

As maintainer, you have a couple of PR options up your sleeve:

- Reset maintainer, so someone else can pick them up
- Set EXPIRE with reason and an appropriate lead time to removal

The above can also serve to communicate to
users-come-would-be-maintainers that they might need attention and
provide the impetus to jump in and have a go :)