On Monday, March 03, 2014 6:49:08 pm Adrian Chadd wrote:
> I'll try this soon.
>
> I had it fail back to newcons, rather than Xorg normally dying without
> restoring state. It wouldn't let me spawn a shell. Logging in worked
> fine, but normal shell exec would eventually and quickly lead to
> failure, dropping me back to the login prompt.

If you have set CPUTYPE in /etc/src.conf such that your userland binaries
are built with SSE, etc. then I expect most things to break because the FPU
is in a funky state without this patch.  I suspect if you don't set CPUTYPE
so that your userland binaries do not use the FPU, you can probably resume
just fine without this fix.

--
John Baldwin