On 12 Mar 2014, at 02:07, Roger Pau Monné <roger....@citrix.com> wrote:

> I've found out that the value PTHREAD_STACK_MIN is currently set (2048
> bytes) seems to be way too low

This looks like an error in your code.  The spec says:

> PTHREAD_STACK_MIN
> Minimum size in bytes of thread stack storage.
> Minimum Acceptable Value: 0

It is meant to be the minimum value that the system can give for a thread
stack.  The purpose of this constant is for languages that do their own stack
management bit some chain of activation records of segmented stacks, but want
to use pthreads for threading, so that they can allocate the smallest possible
stack that allows pthread cleanup to work.

Using it from C code is very likely to be a mistake.

David