Brian Fundakowski Feldman wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Chris Piazza wrote:
>
>> It's working from my 5.0 box to my 4.0-R box across town, too.
>>
>> -Chris
>
> Okay, give me some more info, please:
>
> You're going from the 5.0 box to the 4.0 box.  What's the /etc/hosts
> look like on the 5.0 box?  What's xauth list show (you don't have to
> show me the cookies, of course :)?  What does xauth list say when
> you're ssh'd into the 4.0 box?

X11 forwarding is working for me now, but wasn't when I first tried
it.  I found I was explicitly setting XAUTHORITY=~/.Xauthority in my
.zshrc file, so the temporary bits created in /tmp/ssh-foo/cookies by
ssh weren't being picked up.  I missed the beginning of this thread, but
you're not doing anything similar are you?  After fixing that, it seems
to be working for me.  Of course, I'm on 4.0-stable, so if that works
for you anyway and it's just 5.0-current which is broken, ignore me.

--
Ben Smithurst / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / PGP: 0x99392F7D