On 3/29/14, 4:52 PM, Steve Kargl wrote:
On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 01:46:15AM -0400, Joe Nosay wrote:
On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 1:43 AM, Allan Jude <free...@allanjude.com> wrote:

On 2014-03-29 01:22, Joe Nosay wrote:
I have noticed that options VPS, VIMAGE, and MROUTING are not standard
for
the kernel with a base install. Is there any way that these can be made a
part of the normal kernel so that jail(s) would get the full benefit
without a kernel recompile?
VIMAGE has some problems with PF. Martin Matu ska said at AsiaBSDCon
that he had a patch that solves the issue.
Really, you say? That's good news.
So, will those options soon be standard for a first time install?
Certainly, hope not.  I don't use any of options.
funnily, the only profiling speed differences we've seen with enabling netgraph is speedups :-) especially with comparing many sessions on one vnet with the same number of sessions on several vnets.

Last time I tested it, putting several services on different vimage jails and assigning them different interfaces actually ran faster than having the same services on the same VM (machine).