:On Sat, 22 Apr 2000, attila! wrote:
:
:>     '__func__ is not found for either the 'GENERIC' or 'hun' target.
:
:__func__ is a new feature in C99.  It is an alias for the gcc feature
:__FUNCTION_NAME.  Both give the name of the current function as a string.
:
:This feature should not be used until C99 becomes Normal, if ever.
:Using it breaks portability.  It apparently even breaks compiling
:current kernels with the version of gcc in FreeBSD-3.4.  I think
:__func__ was added in egcs (the Changelog entry for adding it in gcc
:is dated Dec 1 1998).
:
:Bruce

    You mean __FUNCTION__ ?

    __FILE__ and __LINE__ have been standard for a long time.  The
    obviously missing __FUNCTION__ was added by GCC many years ago, but it was
    a while before it's use in defines in header (.h) files was dealt with
    properly.  I wish these stupid standards committees would just choose
    something that people are already using rather then make up new names!

                                        -Matt
                                        Matthew Dillon
                                        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>