On 09/04/2014 22:52, Rainer Duffner wrote:
> And no, as the server is in a remote datacenter, an USB-stick is not an
> option.
>
> It’s slow enough booting via a virtual USB-image over iLO...

Uh... it only has to read the kernel+modules from the USB stick one time
while booting.  Otherwise, there really shouldn't be any IO inside /boot
unless you login and do stuff in that directory manually.  Your root
filesystem would be on the normal hard drives.

Anyhow the question is moot, since you don't have the same problem I did.

> No, it’s actually just a single RAID6-0 disk created by the P410i…

If you're going to use the RAID controller to generate a virtual drive,
do you really need to use ZFS on top of that?   Couldn't you partition
your virtual drive and put / onto a small UFS partition and then make a
zpool on the rest?

        Cheers,

        Matthew

--