On 5/26/14, 5:18 AM, David Chisnall wrote:
On 25 May 2014, at 21:31, Oliver Pinter <oliver.p...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 5/25/14, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <d...@des.no> wrote:
Oliver Pinter <oliver.p...@gmail.com> writes:
pax_log will be in future a generic pax related logging framework,
with ratelimiting and other features.  It will log user, IP, binary
name, path, checksum, and others.
What are you using this for?  Are you sure you can't use ktrace?  It's a
lot more flexible and powerful than you probably realize.
Logging to system log, The feature will similar to this in grsecurity:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Grsecurity/Appendix/Grsecurity_and_PaX_Configuration_Options#Kernel_Auditing
It sounds like you actually want to be writing audit events then.  See audit(4).

yeah I think the point is not "use ktrace" but "use and/or possibly extend one of the several already existing methods".
we don't need *another* logging facility.

David