On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 9:30 PM, Steve Kargl
<s...@troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer.  The problem appears to be /usr/local/bin/ld.
> If I move it to ld.old and then symlink /usr/local/bin/ld to /usr/bin/ld,
> I can build math/lapack without a problem.  I guess I'll poke around
> in devel/bintuils.

I would see what changes have been made to the linker scripts that ld
is using for FreeBSD.  Several years ago I ran into a problem when
building kld modules with an out-of-tree toolchain and the root cause
ended up being that the linker scripts were broken and no longer
provided a necessary symbol.