M&S - Krasznai András wrote, On 07/01/2014 17:07:
I installed xfe (x11-fm/xfe) file manager in the same freebsd configuration.
This application displays and handles those diretories and files perfectly, but
as soon as I want to open such a file with double click on it  (I set xfe to
invoke libreoffice in this case) libreoffice still refuses to open the file.
[...]
What does xfe do differently?

What do you mean by "handling and displaying properly"? Listing (directory
contents) is one thing, being able to stat or open the file is different.