On 7/15/14, Bruno Lauzé <brunola...@msn.com> wrote:
> I was looking at dragonfly and why they have libdevattr and we don'tI really
> think having udev compatible api would open the door to a lot of software,
> imho.I feel it wouldn't be so complicated to port dragonfly kern_udev,
> libprop and libdevattr from dragonfly bsd.
> Am i missing a point or is this in contradiction witch any of freebsd
> objectives?
> Let me know your thoughts...

In FreeBSD exists similar utility like udev, the so called devd. In
github is there a project, which would improve the compatibility or
completely change the udev like brain-damage.
https://github.com/freebsd/libdevq
Other problem with udev is, that moving so fast, and every time
changed their API, and udev's future are not clear, possibly merged
with systemd.