On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 09:02:10AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Joel Dahl, and lo! it spake thus:

> Today I installed 11-CURRENT from the 20140811 FreeBSD/i386 snapshot
> on my IBM T43 laptop but encountered some problems. The memstick
> installation went fine and I pretty much used default values
> everywhere, but upon reboot I got ”Boot loader too large”. Nothing
> more. Any ideas?

The freebsd-boot partition is bigger than five hundred twenty-mumble
k.  It'll be OK if you squeeze it down to 512.  Somthing like 'gpart
resize -i 1 -s 512k ada23' (untested, sub your disk).

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net