On Sat, 27 Sep 2014, O. Hartmann wrote:

I'm looking for a replacemnt for my 802.11g WiFi PCIe adaptor card and want to
replace it
with an 802.11ac adaptor.

Since I made very bad experiences with CURRENT and support of modest modern
(Haswell CPU/Intel  7260 DualBand WiFi NIC), I'd like to ask here first.

I found this PCIe adaptor card attractive:

GigaByte Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I

I can not find ad hoc the WLAN chip used on that specific card, but maybe
someone has
experiences with that litte board.

Newegg reviews say this is an Intel 7260HMW:

I don't know if that is supported on FreeBSD yet.

PCIe to mini-PCIe adapters like that can be found separately, allowing the use of any mini-PCIe card. I've successfully tested an Atheros AR9280 card in one.