> On Oct 29, 2014, at 07:42, Ian Lepore <i...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Why are you the only person in the world who has had to do this?

They're not the only one. $work is running into an issue where there's a
mismatch between the host and build version which is generating corrupt ctf

I thought it had been fixed on CURRENT recently, but the converse might be
true--it might have been broken because it's no longer being built as part of
the bootstrap tools process.

My gut says that this section is prematurely optimizing it out of the build,
because it's assumed that the host tool will always be binary compatible with
the build tool: