I posted the solution to this through the Nabble page, but there's a change in setting there and the messages have not gone through. So, re-posting to mail list:

I disabled ccache, then buildworld / buildkernel completed.

I had in /etc/make.conf:
.if ${.CURDIR:M/usr/src} || ${.CURDIR:M/usr/src/*} || ${.CURDIR:M/asp/git/src} || ${.CURDIR:M/asp/git/src/*}

The only reason I can think of is that somehow ccache was passing the older cached code to the buildworld process, and the reason for that wold be because certain clang components fail to identify themselves to ccache correctly.

Once I installed the newly built kernel/world and re-booted
* I deleted all under /usr/obj
* re-enabled ccache in make.conf
* re-ran "# make buildworld" > completed without problem.

freebsd-current@freebsd.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"

Reply via email to