On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Slawa Olhovchenkov <s...@zxy.spb.ru> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 06:28:23PM +0300, Lev Serebryakov wrote:

> > On 15.01.2015 14:29, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> >

> https://www.digitalocean.com/company/blog/presenting-freebsd-how-we-made-it-happen/
> > >
> > >  I didn't see this news on mailing lists :)
> >  But here are some thread about FreeBSD is way slower than Linux in
> > these virtual installations
> >
> > https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8888487
>
> May be IOPS quotation?
> Can you test with dd and custom kernel with MAXPHYS=1048576 ?

​What's the value of kern.timecounter.hardware? It will likely be either
HPET or ACPI which means there is an VM exit whenever the guest reads from
the emulated timecounter hardware. That's why I have some WIP to add
support for KVMCLOCK [1]. I hope to merge those changes to HEAD in a week
and STABLE shortly after.

In the meanwhile, not completely foolproof workaround is to use the TSC-low
timecounter source.

[1] -
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2015-January/016587.html