* Garrett Cooper (yaneurab...@gmail.com) wrote:

> >> Hm, seems so, partly. How do you gather missing entries? My way is
> >> pretty dumb, I just do bunch of installworlds + delete-old's and add
> >> diff to the file, you probably do it more cleverly. Will committing
> >> my changes interfere with your work? If so, it may be better to direct
> >> them to your branch instead. Especially if you are more aware of knob
> >> combinations and their effects.
> >
> > I wrote this script to track what files get installed by directories:
> > https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/projects/building-blocks/tools/add-optional-obsolete-files-entries.sh?revision=275238&view=markup
> >  . It’s not perfect (doesn’t work for “kitchen sink” directories like etc/
> > and share/…), but it’s a reasonable starting point for grabbing all of the
> > files.
> >
> > I’m going to hold off on the rc.d deletions/rewrites for dependent services
> > after I do more targeted review/testing, as it might screw up boot order in
> > unexpected ways with services and programs that get run out of order, but
> > I’m reasonably confident that the contents of the branch work.
> >
> > I was going to start cherry-picking changes from the branch this weekend.
>
> Forgot to respond on one important point: reviewing and committing the
> higher-level changes (make remove-old) shouldn’t be a problem, and I’ll be
> sure to commit the overlapping changes with OptionalObsoleteFiles.inc first
> to reduce the diff between our branches.
> Thanks!

Okay, the I'll just go on. Nice to know it's useful. Note that the
branch may have bugs as on the first run I just extend it, and it's
tested on another run, while run takes couple of days on the box I
use.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amd...@amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amd...@jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru