On 02/21/15 23:59, Shawn Webb wrote:
On Friday, February 20, 2015 09:29:20 AM Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
On 02/20/15 02:15, Shawn Webb wrote:
On Thursday, February 19, 2015 07:04:50 PM Shawn Webb wrote:
On Sunday, February 15, 2015 11:14:47 PM Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

I've added support for USB display link adapters to FreeBSD-11-current,
but the kernel panics once "vt_fb_attach(info)" is called from
"fbd_register(struct fb_info* info)" when the USB device is plugged or
udl.ko is loaded. Is this a known issue?

REF: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/dev/usb/video/udl.c

I just bought a DisplayLink adapter that's compatible. Compiling a new

kernel with device udl brings this error:

You need to also build the "sys/modules/videomode" and install and kldload.

Does your device need a power supply?

Can you plug the device through an external USB HUB after boot?

Also you need some VT patches, before it will attach to VT which I can
send you. See attachment.

Beware the unplugging the device is not supported. It will crash / panic
which needs to be resolved.

(FYI: I'm switching email accounts from latt...@gmail.com to

So I'm a little unsure how to test this. Could you provide some instructions?

I bought this device: http://www.iogear.com/support/dm/driver/GUC2020DW6
It's listed in udl.c as supported:

What kind of setup should I have in my xorg.conf to tell xorg to use that
instead of the built-in laptop display? Can you provide an example xorg.conf?

Xorg config is here:

I'll see if I can put the rest of the patches in place this week, so that it will be more easy for you.