On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Adrian Chadd <adr...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It may be rfkill then. It may be that there's a GPIO pin wired up
> somewhere that needs updating. Erk.
>
> Someone buy me one of these laptops so I can see what's going on? :)

Mine (Acer Acer Aspire S3-391) costs around 650€ I think... The V17 has
"air plain mode" instead of the Wi-FI on/off, but I guess it does the same
thing... it also costs much more because of all the other hardware.

I gladly give you one if I could afford it... :P

Id be happy to join in a group donation if that's even possible.

On another note this module is wifi+bluetooth, I wonder if in my case this
dmesg log showing:
ugen1.4: <vendor 0x0489> at usbus1 (disconnected)
ugen1.4: <vendor 0x0489> at usbus1

Is acctaully refering to turning off(hardware) bluetooth since I keep the
wireless?

-a