On Sat, 11 Apr 2015, Rui Paulo wrote:

> On Saturday 11 April 2015 15:53:41 Oliver Pinter wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I just found the line in the subject in our jenkinsbuild  log in both
> > amd64 and i386 case (we don't modified these files):
> >
> > http://nyi-01.build.hardenedbsd.org:8180/jenkins/job/HardenedBSD-master-i386
> > /56/console
> > http://nyi-01.build.hardenedbsd.org:8180/jenkins/job/HardenedBSD-master-amd
> > 64/58/consoleFull
> >
> > And more similar lines:
> >
> > WARNING: kern_pmc.c: enum pmc_event has too many values: 1930 > 1023
> This is a known problem.  PMC abuses enums and CTF can't cope with it.

Looking at the actual build log posted, the warning is emitted by cc, not

It is perfectly reasonable for a compiler to emit a warning when
encountering code that uses more than 1023 values in a single enumeration,
since C99 does not require a compiler to support more than that number of
enumeration constants in a single enum (section  The warning
indicates that the code may not be portable, even if the current compiler
supports more than 1023 enumeration constants in an enumeration.