On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 06:02:03AM +0900, Daisuke Aoyama wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have problem with MAXPHYS=1m. (I don't know MAXPHYS=1m works on HAST.)
> I put "options MAXPHYS=(1024*1024)" in kernel config.
> Then, update primary node to the kernel and world.
> If the role back to primary on the machine, writing to the hast device cause
> an error and panic.
> I didn't check carefully, but it seems that geom_gate.ko use MAXPHYS=1m and
> hastd use
> MAXPHYS=128k.
> Of course, secondary is MAXPHYS=128k at this time.
> Is it an expected result?

Putting "options MAXPHYS..." in kernel config does not change the
value for userspace (hastd). You might want to try adding to

and rebuild userspace (or just hastd).

Also, running the secondary with smaller MAXPHYS will likely fail
too. If you can't reinstall simultaneously I suggest running only the
updated primary (don't starting the secondary) until the secondary is

Mykola Golub