On 05/16/15 15:37, David Wolfskill wrote:
On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 03:27:57PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
After reverting both 282650 & 282651, the resulting kernel built.

Hi,

I'm seeing two of my commits mentioned here, r282650 & r282651. Are
these what is causing the problem? You are sure the built the kernel and
all modules from clean, hence some structures are changed, panic would
be expected if you don't.

Hi,

I'll admit that the vast bulk of my builds are done with -DNOCLEAN -- I
actually want to use my laptop for things other than rebuilding FreeBSD
(4x/day) and rebuilding updated installed ports (2x/day).

Then it will possibly trigger bad, because AFMT_CHANNELS() returns part of the old EXT channels, which is used in the HDAA driver. If you want to save time, you need to rebuild all of "modules/sound" only, w/o -DNO_CLEAN and doing "clean" first. The rest of the kernel is fine with -DNO_CLEAN.

After I finish the build I'm presently doing, I will try re-doing
r282650 & r282651, then rebuilding cleanly.

I noted that r282650 included a bump to param.h to force all modules to
be rebuilt.

I also note that the panic was only seen in head/i386 -- head/amd64 on
the same hardware, using the same procedures, sources updated from the
same local private mirror of the SVN repo, using a copy of the same
"CANARY" kernel config file, had no issue.

Send output from bootverbose! Let's hunt this bug down :-)

--HPS