> On 17 Jul 2015, at 14:27, O'Connor, Daniel <dar...@dons.net.au> wrote:
>> On 16 Jul 2015, at 21:41, Rick Macklem <rmack...@uoguelph.ca> wrote:
>> r285066 fixed a POLA violation w.r.t. the old NFS client where the new
>> client didn't return an EEXIST error return for symlink or mkdir to userland.
>> The behaviour of not returning this error to userland (which was inherited
>> from
>> OpenBSD and was not the behaviour of the old FreeBSD NFS client but was
>> default
>> for the new NFS client) can be enabled via:
>> vfs.nfs.ignore_eexist=1
>> You could try setting that sysctl and seeing if it makes any difference?
>> That is the only recent change to the NFS client that *might* affect this.
> No dice :(
> It's pretty weird, it bombs out if either src or obj is on NFS..
> But even weirder is that if I build with crochet (a wrapper for cross
> building to arm) it works. It doesn't work if I cross build manually and I
> haven't been able to determine why crochet works yet.
> Reaaaally frustraing :(

So, it turns out NFS is not an issue.. I think it must be that it's not on

I changed to building on the NFS server (which runs 10 but building -current
should work OK) and it still bombs out.
--- rescue.all__D ---
make[5]: make[5]: don't know how to make

That still doesn't explain how crochet and freebsd-wifi-build work though - I
thought it was because they don't build rescue, but crochet does.

Does anyone else see this?

Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."
 -- Andrew Tanenbaum