On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 03:11:15PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
> > On Jul 31, 2015, at 2:46 PM, Larry Rosenman <l...@lerctr.org> wrote:

> >> Larry, thank you so much for your willingness to test this.  It is
> >> greatly appreciated.
> >> Glen
> > Absolutely my pleasure.  I appreciate ALL that the re@ and developers folks
> > do for FreeBSD.
> >
> > Best OS ever :)
> Thanks Larry. I’ll cleanup the patch (I’d never knowing commit #if 0 w/o a
> good reason)
> and get it reviewed. The good news is that we can make a fairly low-risk
> patch for 10.2R
> I think, subject to the blessings of our benevolent re@ overlords...

My gut instinct is to leave the driver in 10.2 as-is for now, as I'd
like to make sure this driver does not present more pain (and certainly
before being re-enabled in GENERIC on stable/10), since this situation
could have been much more of a disaster.

Personally, I'd like to keep it out of GENERIC on stable/10 for at least
a month, while things get shaken out in head.

That said, once the issues are flushed out, re@ will be happy to issue
an EN for 10.2 to resolve the existing (and any new) issues with this.