On Sunday, July 26, 2015 03:26:22 AM Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was botherd to not have the merge(1) utility available in base (for 
> etcupdate)
> when building base WITHOUT_RCS.
> So I have rewritten a merge(1) utility which should be compatible.
> I used the 3-way merge code from the fossil VCS instead of making it call 
> diff3.
> All I have done from the fossil code is adapting it to use sbuf(9).
> The bonus for end users is the merge from fossil can resolve situation where 
> the
> diff3 in base cannot. (which explains a "failure" with the GNU RCS test suite)
> meaning etcupdate will be more happy merge configuration files.

Thanks!  This will save me from having to hack etcupdate to use diff3 instead
of merge.

John Baldwin
freebsd-current@freebsd.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"

Reply via email to