On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 02:27:42 PM Conrad Meyer wrote:
> For some reason, it only crops up on UEFI boot. "Legacy" boot "just works."
>
> It looks like we're locking a mutex in a struct at NULL.
>
> (trap)
> __mtx_assert+0xdb
> agtiapi_cam_action+0x45
> xpt_action_default+0xbe3(?)
> scsi_scan_bus+0x1cd
> xpt_scanner_thread+0x15c
>

> Fault is at 0x18.
>
> http://i.imgur.com/615PC6b.jpg
>
> (kgdb) l *(agtiapi_cam_action+0x45)
> 0xffffffff806d4ef5 is in agtiapi_cam_action
> (/usr/src/sys/dev/pms/freebsd/driver/ini/src/agtiapi.c:1818).
>
> Possibly here?
>
> 1814   mtx_assert( &(pmcsc->pCardInfo->pmIOLock), MA_OWNED );

Probably pCardInfo is NULL.

Looking at the pms driver source is making my stomach churn, but I don't
see anything obvious.  The field is set during attach, so it shouldn't be
NULL when the intrhook runs.  Do you have any other storage devices on
this box?  If so, I would try to kldload the pms driver after you have
booted far enough to setup dumps (either that or setup remote kgdb).

--
John Baldwin