On 18/01/2016 19:08, Ed Maste wrote:
On 18 January 2016 at 03:10, Dimitry Andric <d...@freebsd.org> wrote:
On 18 Jan 2016, at 07:20, O. Hartmann <ohart...@zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
Building NanoBSD images booting off from USB Flash drives and having two GPT
partitions, booting is stuck in the UEFI loader, presenting me with something
like:

[...]
Probing 6 block devices.....++. done

  ZFS found no pools
  UFS found 2 partitions

And further nothing happens. A RESET is only possible by a hardreset - it seems
the system is crashed/stuck/frozen or something similar.

The last images working run r293654. The issue occurs with r294248.

Any suggestions possible? Did I miss something?
Looks to me like fallout from the recent modularisation in r294060,
and/or ZFS support in r294068.  Steven, any clue?
In QEMU boot1 failed for me with "Failed start image provided by UFS",
and I can confirm that it's fixed by reverting those two commits.
I believe this is an issue with UFS caching code introduced by the UFS modularisation.

Andrew fixed some of it but not all in r294291, I believe the lookup results in try_load would still have been invalid.

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D4989 should fix the rest, as well as resulting in much simpler flow IMO.

If you could try this that would be great.

    Regards
    Steve