On 2016-01-25 19:00, Oliver Psotta wrote:
Hello,

FreeBSD-11.0-CURRENT-arm-armv6-RPI2-20160121-r294499 did not boot on a
Rasberry Pi 2 B with the Gert VGA 666 adaptor connected to the
Raspberry's GPIO port. This adaptor basically is a passive resistor
network, using most of the GPIO's pins.

 FreeBSD doesn't support this kind of screen at the moment.

My guess is that FreeBSD tries to activate the serial port on GPIO and
this fails. Is there a solution to turn off the serial port or set the
config.txt to enable booting?

You will need to edit the dts file and recompile a new dtb that disable the serial port.

By the way I've managed to get VGA 666 working for FreeBSD with the
same settings and files as for Linux and Risc OS. Of course booting
stops after the message
[code] Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0 [/code]

I guess it's works because u-boot and knows about it but as said before FreeBSD doesn't support this kind of screen.

--
Emmanuel Vadot