On 2016-02-19 22:25, Gary Corcoran wrote:
On 2016-02-19 22:05, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 7:58 PM, Larry Rosenman <l...@lerctr.org> wrote:

Great.  Since I've never done that....

Any ideas of anyone that might be able to help?

Or where to even start?

Perhaps

https://www.nostarch.com/bsddrivers.htm
FreeBSD Device Drivers

?

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk

perhaps. But I'd need an NDA with RealTek to get the chip specs, and I'm not sure I can do that working for Nokia during the day
as I do.

I'd love for one of the current folks that do realtek stuff to look.
Sometimes people look to see if Linux has a driver, and if so, you
might be able to get enough
programming info from their driver to be able to write a FreeBSD
driver, without getting the
full chip specs.

Gary

http://askubuntu.com/questions/731093/sd-card-reader-realtek-522a-not-working-in-dell-i7559-in-ubuntu-15-10

I'm still VERY much a newbie (like ZERO experience) writing drivers.

Does anyone want to help?

I'm more than willing to guinea pig stuff.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: l...@lerctr.org
US Mail: 7011 W Parmer Ln, Apt 1115, Austin, TX 78729-6961