On 24/02/2016 10:59, Carsten Kunze wrote:
> Hello,

> At the moment CURRENT can't be used on laptops with i915 graphics,
> so it may not harm to integrate a buggy i915 support in CURRENT. The
> advantage would be that more users would test the driver and could
> give response. This may speed up the debugging/testing of this
> driver.

The problem is not the stability of Haswell support, but more the
regressions on already supported GPUs.

Currently, there is one big regression:

It takes seconds to panic a Sandybridge or Haswell (so I suppose Ivy
Bridge is impacted too).

Once this is fixed (and so far my attempts failed), I believe the patch
can go in -CURRENT. Haswell support won't be rock solid but anyway,
Linux 3.8, the base we use, had only initial support. Many bugfixes came
in Linux 3.9 and 3.10. Hopefully, we'll get there more quickly.

Jean-Sébastien Pédron