CherryTrail devices/boards with 64bit UEFI are already out. Upgrading the
hardware is one solution (I did).

I never did try FreeBSD on BayTrail but for running Linux on BayTrail I
used special built Grub that was 32bit but could load 64bit OS. Could this
kind of Grub boot a 64bit FreeBSD, I wonder?

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 5:20 PM, John Baldwin <> wrote:

> On Sunday, February 28, 2016 07:00:06 AM Joe Holden wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Apologies if this is the wrong list...
> >
> > Is there any plan to support booting FreeBSD on 32bit UEFI systems (with
> > or without 64bit kernel/userland)? Obviously there is no i386 efi loader
> > currently so neither is possible...
> I don't think anyone is actively working on it.  I think it shouldn't be
> that much work once the i386 loader is resurrected.  The i386 kernel just
> needs to use the EFI memory map and I think the rest of it should generally
> just work.
> --
> John Baldwin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information in this email is confidential
and intended solely for the addressee.
Disclosure, copying, distribution or any other action of use of this
email by person other than intended recipient, is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in
error, please destroy the original message.