At 2:25 PM -0700 5/23/00, Jake Burkholder wrote:
> > jake        2000/05/23 13:41:02 PDT
> >   Log:
> >   Change the way that the queue(3) structures are declared;
> >   don't assume that the type argument to *_HEAD and *_ENTRY
> >   is a struct.
> >
> >   Suggested by:     phk
> >   Reviewed by:      phk
> >   Approved by:      mdodd
> >

>HEADS UP
>
>Possible action required!
>
>Some drivers use headers from the installed system during the
>kernel build, and a make world, or at least make includes, is
>necessary before a new kernel can be built.
>
>LINT is affected by this.

What is the advantage of this?  You're going to have a queue of
some things, and those things are not structs?  What else would
they be?  unions?  or is this so one can use typedef'ed structs?

(I guess I should look at the change before asking, but it seems
like such an odd change to make...and my gut reaction is that it
is a change in the wrong direction)

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn           =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer          or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute