vfs.zfs.min_auto_ashift is only used when a device is added so you can set it
add, then change.

On 31/03/2016 07:15, Allan Jude wrote:
On 2016-03-31 02:13, Dustin Marquess wrote:
I have what I think is a pretty normal setup.. a bunch of HDDs plus 2 SSDs
(one ZIL, one SLOG).

The HDDs are standard 512 byte sector drives.  The SSDs have 8k page sizes.

In Illumos I added the SSDs to sd.conf and created the zpool and it shows
the HDDs as ashift 9 and the SSDs as ashift 13, like normal:

# zdb -C | grep ashift
             ashift: 9
             ashift: 9
             ashift: 9
             ashift: 9
             ashift: 13

The question is, how to replicate this in FreeBSD?  The old "gnop" method
doesn't work anymore, and setting "vfs.zfs.min_auto_ashift=13" causes it to
use 13 for the HDDs, which seems like a waste.  Is this not supported?

Thanks!
-Dustin

gnop should work, and you'd set the ashift before you add the devices.
So add the hard drives with it set to 9, then set it to 13 and add the SLOG