In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Martin Cracauer writes:
: I know that it is supposed to do so, I suspect that might not be the
: case here.

I don't think so.  It is already using the new ld when it coredumps.
I don't think that having it on the system would change things much.

BTW, if I do a make buildworld -k -DNOCLEAN, I get lots of files that
are truncated due to this:

/usr/obj/home/imp/FreeBSD/src/i386/usr/lib/libcrypto.so: file not recognized: File
truncated
/usr/obj/home/imp/FreeBSD/src/i386/usr/lib/libssl.so: file not recognized: File
truncated
/usr/obj/home/imp/FreeBSD/src/i386/usr/lib/libtermcap.so: file not recognized: File
truncated

etc.

Warner