From the looks of this, I think it's likely better to have the default be "secure" and ezjail-admin use the "--insecure" flag as an explicit override. That's the only place I've noticed the need for it although I've not done an extensive search for any other instances in which it might be required,

        imb

On 5/14/2016 3:46 PM, Tim Kientzle wrote:
A little history about this issue:

http://www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2015-2304

On May 14, 2016, at 12:17 PM, Tim Kientzle <t...@kientzle.com> wrote:

Many people consider the traditional behavior to be a security risk, which is
why this was changed.

FreeBSD is welcome to make --insecure the default on FreeBSD, but I'm reluctant
to do that in the upstream libarchive project.

Tim