Em 26/05/2016 11:49, Baptiste Daroussin escreveu:
On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 09:44:25AM -0500, Eric van Gyzen wrote:
Baptiste and -current,

I noticed two annoyances with date formatting on head, and I wonder how
we can fix them.

I have these settings:

     LC_ALL=en_US.ISO8859-1
     LANG=en_US.ISO8859-1

First, Thunderbird displays the date as, for example:

     03/ 6/16 ...

The leading space on the day (6) looks weird.  I might even say it's
simply wrong.  Zero-padding would better.  (/No/ padding would be best,
but I don't think strftime supports that.)

Second, date(1) no longer shows the day-of-week:

     $ date
     March 26, 2016 at 09:21:55 AM CDT

For many years, I have been typing "date" to see the day-of-week (and
other things).  I like the new human-friendly format, but I miss the
day-of-week.

Of course, I can fix these locally, but I wonder how we can fix them for
everyone.  I see that the formats come from CLDR.  I also see that ume@
restored the day-of-week for ja_JP in r292512.  Is this the best
approach, or should we try to get them changed upstream (CLDR)?

Thanks for your input,
I can hack cldr2def.pl to readd the week of day as it was before for 11.0 still
the best approach is to push the change upstream.

I will have a look at the cldr2def.pl hack this week end.

Best regards,
Bapt

LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8

MM_CHARSET=UTF-8