It's too bad make(1) can't have a "max parallel jobs" for a particular directory.

I believe that some of the llvm build winds up using nearly a gig of RAM per compiled .c file, so when you are running 2 jobs at once, LLVM will swap like mad.

If we could add something under the llvm directory "max jobs = RAM/1GB" we could have much faster build worlds.

-Alfred