On 06/02/16 03:07, RayCherng Yu wrote:
I got a suddenly poweroff in r300097 (and previous revision in April and
May) when I built textproc/docproj.
My machine is Macbook Pro 13 2011 early. I have checked the Apple website.
My bios is the latest version.
Actually it also happened in 10.3-STABLE.
It happened when the machine load was heavy. Before it shutdown, the fan
started to run very loudly. After several seconds (20 or 30 seconds), my
laptop shutdown (poweroff directly) suddenly. It seems not happen with the
AC power supply connected.

I installed both Mac OSX and FreeBSD (dual boot). It never happened in Mac
OSX.

My dmesg:
http://pastebin.com/QjZmbGCB

My sysctl hw.acpi:

hw.acpi.acline: 0
hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5
hw.acpi.battery.units: 1
hw.acpi.battery.state: 1
hw.acpi.battery.time: 87
hw.acpi.battery.life: 59
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C8
hw.acpi.reset_video: 0
hw.acpi.handle_reboot: 1
hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.verbose: 0
hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.standby_state: NONE
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S3
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S3 S4 S5

Hi,

Do you have a temperature sysctl? Usually FreeBSD will shutdown the system if the ACPI temperature exceeds some value. Maybe it would be better to reduce the CPU load when the temperature goes up instead of facing a shutdown?

--HPS