Mark Millard <mar...@dsl-only.net> wrote:
> > --- build-tools_lib/ncurses/ncursesw ---
> > Building /usr/obj/clang/arm.armv6/usr/src/lib/ncurses/ncursesw/make_keys

I must have been looking at on of our internal FreeBSD trees last
time...

In FreeBSD lib/ncurses/ncursesw/Makefile and other places I checked
just uses ${CC} for building make_keys - I don't see how that could work
for cross-building.

If you want cross-building to work, the simple solution is to ensure
that you use HOST_CC rather than CC when building things that need to
run on the build host.

eg. in our internal tree - which cross builds fine:

make_keys: make_keys.c names.c ncurses_def.h ${HEADERS}
        ${HOST_CC} -o $@ ${HOST_CFLAGS} ${NCURSES_DIR}/ncurses/tinfo/make_keys.c

make_hash: make_hash.c hashsize.h ncurses_def.h ${HEADERS}
        ${HOST_CC} -o $@ ${HOST_CFLAGS} -DMAIN_PROGRAM \
                        ${NCURSES_DIR}/ncurses/tinfo/make_hash.c

and in share/mk/local.init.mk

HOST_CC?= /usr/bin/cc

should do.