On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 11:10:17PM +0000, Glen Barber wrote:
> As I am sure you have already seen, there is an issue in 11.0-BETA1 that
> has caused some headaches for people.
>  https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=210884
> The issue is actively being investigated, and despite the KBI freeze,
> the fix may need to break KBI in stable/11, at least as far as I am
> aware at the moment.
> That said, 11.0-BETA2 may be delayed, while this is properly resolved.
> If KBI is changed between 11.0-BETA1 and 11.0-BETA2, it will be noted in
> the announcement.

The latest patch for this issue seems promising so far, but for the sake
of being cautious, 11.0-BETA2 is going to be delayed by a few days.  The
rationale is that we want to see the affected machines survive uptime of
at least 48 hours.

At this point, we are looking at the fix being committed in just over
one day, followed by the normal 3-day MFC timeframe.  If this changes,
an update will be emailed.

Apologies again for the delay with 11.0-BETA2, and thank you for your

On behalf of:   re@

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to