On 08/28/16 01:59, Miguel C wrote:
Actually for me it was failing before, so I gave this a go, yet testing
with pwcview, cheese even mplayer all fail.

I just compiled the updated version (v4.8.0.4) with DEBUG=on

I'm starting webcamd manually:
udo webcamd -d ugen0.4 -i 0 -v 0 -m  pwc-if.power_save=-1
: USB HID core driver
Linux video capture interface: v2.00
IR NEC protocol handler initialized
IR RC5(x/sz) protocol handler initialized
IR RC6 protocol handler initialized
IR JVC protocol handler initialized
IR Sony protocol handler initialized
IR SANYO protocol handler initialized
IR LIRC bridge handler initialized
IR XMP protocol handler initialized
b2c2-flexcop: B2C2 FlexcopII/II(b)/III digital TV receiver chip loaded
successfully
uvcvideo: Unable to create debugfs directory
USB Video Class driver (1.1.1)
cpia2: V4L-Driver for Vision CPiA2 based cameras v3.0.1
pvrusb2: V4L in-tree version:Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 MPEG2 Encoder/Tuner
pvrusb2: Debug mask is 31 (0x1f)
USBVision USB Video Device Driver for Linux : 0.9.11
em28xx: Registered (Em28xx v4l2 Extension) extension
em28xx: Registered (Em28xx dvb Extension) extension
Attached to ugen0.4[0]
uvcvideo: Found UVC 1.00 device 1.3M HD WebCam (064e:c321)
Creating /dev/video0

This is what I get from pwcview:
pwcview
Failed to get current picture info: Invalid argument

and if I try with cheese I get a black screen and see this in after
"Creating /dev/video":
uvcvideo: Failed to submit URB 0 (-32).

Hi,

Error 32 likely means that the endpoint the uvcvideo driver is trying to attach to doesn't exist. It might be a bug in the USB configuration descriptor. Could you dump the USB descriptors for this device?

usbconfig -d ugenX.Y dump_curr_config_desc dump_device_desc

--HPS