From: John Baldwin []
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2016 10:52 PM
Cc: Murthy Bhat <>;
Subject: Re: FreeBSD 11.0-RC1 boot prompt kernel load issue.

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 01:35:08 PM Murthy Bhat wrote:
> Hi,
> This is regarding issue faced during OS(FreeBSD 11.0-RC1) installation on the
> storage behind our smartpqi storage controller.

Are you using EFI or legacy boot?  Also, can you capture a screenshot of the
crash messages?  If it is not EFI, we probably crashed in the BIOS routines
used to read data from the USB drive.  It may be a BIOS bug (which isn't easily
fixable), but we would need the register dump from the crash to figure anything

John Baldwin