I'm looking for a suitable SmartCard read with USB connection for 12-CURRENT
probably 11-STABLE). We have lots of Omnikey 3121 devices at hand, but I wasn't
able to
make this type of SC reader working. it is recognised by the kernel as UGEN
device on the
USB bus.

I tried to investigate what driver I need to use, but failed. The references I
referring to SC card daemones all point to a serial device like /dev/cuaUXX -
but as far
as I know, such a device is present if the UART<->USB has been recognised by the
appropriate driver.

So, the question is: do I miss something here (I'm not quite familiar with

If the device Omnikey HID 3121 is properly supported and I'm to dull to figure
this out -
please enlighten me! If there are aafordable alternatives (external or internal
add-on in a workstation) I would be glad to get your hint.

So far, thank you very much in advance,

O. Hartmann

Ich widerspreche der Nutzung oder Übermittlung meiner Daten für
Werbezwecke oder für die Markt- oder Meinungsforschung (§ 28 Abs. 4 BDSG).