I've made some experiments with the card sample I've got and indeed
found the problem. I believe it is a bug in the ASMedia ASM1062 chip
firmware that wasn't triggered on other OSes. I've just committed small
patch to FreeBSD HEAD at r309251 to workaround the problem. With this
patch on very quick tests card seems working properly.
On 08.11.2016 07:42, Alexander Motin wrote:
> As I have told before, this card is from completely different price
> segment then proper SAS/SATA HBAs. For its $80 it is not promised to be
> reliable. But in case anything can be done, I'll try to take a look on
> it in couple weeks when I get one and return home.
> On 07.11.2016 16:19, Daniel Engberg wrote:
>> I discussed this card briefly with Alexander Motin (@mav) back in 2015,
>> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/50411/page-2#post-282648 .
>> I've CCed him for suggestions.
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-current-unsubscr...@freebsd.org"