On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 12:31 PM, Kevin P. Neal <k...@neutralgood.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 02:49:07PM -0300, Nilton Jose Rizzo wrote:
>>

>>  Sorry for cross posting (-current and -ports)
>>

>> Is there any emulator like linuxator to run Mac OS X binaries, or
>> is ther any licensing problem?
>
> It may be possible to make an emulator for Darwin (the OS that Mac OS sits
> on top of), but an emulator for Mac OS would probably require a legal copy
> of Mac OS.
>
> So, no, there is no Mac OS emulator for FreeBSD. And I'd be surprised if
> it ever happened.

NetBSD has (or had) a macho image activator, which is the first step
in this process. But Kevin is right that most of the functionality of
MacOS isn't in the kernel, and you'd need a copy of MacOS to run it in
emulation. Plus there's a lot of Mach code that MacOS depends on that
has no simple counterparts in FreeBSD, and that would be a lot of work
to make happen. It's one of the things that's a barrier to entry for a
simple, straight forward launchd port, for example.

Warner